The location of the Villa allows the sea, the mountains, and small art cities such as Pisa, Lucca, Pistoia, San Gimignano, Siena, Arezzo and many others to be reached in an hour or less. However, if someone wishes to remain in the immediate vicinities, such as in the small town of Sesto itself, there are some beautiful churches, Medici villas with their famous Italian gardens and centuries old parks, Etruscan tombs of the VII century before Christ, Museums and collections to be visited:

 

The Richard Ginori Museum in Sesto Fiorentino

The “Richard-Ginori Museum” holds a magnificent collection of two centuries of majolica, porcelain and earthenware created by this manufacturer, starting in 1735  Giò Ponti to the present day.


Center for Contemporary art Luigi Pecci - Prato



The Theatre of "La Limonaia" with theatrical productions, special projects, an International school and an “Intercity Festival” that every year puts the city of Sesto and Florence in communication with other cities in various parts of the world, giving an idea of different theatrical realities.

on the left:  Etruscan tomb of the Montagnola

on the right: Etruscan tomb of the Villa “La Mula” in Sesto

The Etruscan Tomb in the Villa “La Mula” of VII centuries before Christ.

Medici Villa   of Castello

The Royal Villa of Castello, a Medici country villa from the beginning of the XV century, with one of the very first Italian designed gardens, now seat of the Academy of “La Crusca”, the most ancient academy for the Italian language- The Etruscan tomb of “ La Montagnola” from the VII century BC. was discovered in 1959 in a private property. The Medici villa of “ La Petraia from the same period as that in Castello, also with a beautifully designed garden, later used as a summer residence by the King of Italy, Vittorio Emanuele di Savoia, when Florence became the capital. A park and a garden rich with ancient and rare plants.

Medici Villa “ La Petraia”

Church of San Martino at Sesto Fiorentino

 The Church of  “Sant’Jacopo a Querceto”

Church of San Romolo at Colonnata

The Parish of “San Martino”, a romantic church with a Renaissance porch and a beautiful courtyard, inside a splendid Crucifixion of Agnolo Gaddi, going back to the end of the XIV century and a Virgin with Child in polychrome terracotta that some have attributed to Donatello. The Church of “San Romolo” at Colonnata, of very ancient origin, with an exceptional polychrome porcelain altar of the Ginori manufacture dated 1783. The garden of the Villa Corsi Salviati, with a labyrinth and the park. – The Church of “Sant’Jacopo ”at Querceto, also with an altar in Ginori porcelain, in a very nice position between olive and cypress trees, on the hills just behind the hotel. The Scientific and Technologic Pole of the University of Florence- Three famous American Universities give courses to their students at the Villa Corsi Salviati: Michigan, Wisconsin and Duke University- The Industrial Design Courses of Florence’s faculty of Architecture, in Calenzano..- The school of Music, The Centre for Exibits Antonio Berti and many others.



Villa Corsi –Salviati, seat of 3 American Universities:  Wisconsin, Michigan and Duke University.


The Industrial Design Courses at Calenzano


The Scientific and Technologic Pole of Florence's University

School of Music in Sesto Fiorentino: Courses of : Harp - Percussions- Modern and classical Piano- Violin- Sax & Clarinet- History of Music, Theory, Solfeggio , Harmony- Modern and classic Guitar- Corno - Trombone – Cross  Flute - Singing





Marina Ruspoli – 1935 
Galleria Nazionale d’arte Moderna in Rome
.

CENTRO ESPOSITIVO ANTONIO BERTI
Via Bernini 57 – 50019 Sesto Fiorentino . Firenze

The pavilion was realised by the Communal Administration of Sesto Fiorentino, on project of the architect Roberto Maestro , just near the Studio of the great sculptor Antonio Berti, as exhibit space for the city. The purpose of this centre is “to reward and to provide incentives for sculpture and figurative arts, through manifestations, exhibits, scholarships “

Antonio Berti (San Piero a Sieve, 1904 -Sesto F.no, 1990) pupil of Libero Adreotti at the Art Institute” of Florence, from 1921 to 1929, began as a painter exposing at the Biennale of Venice, obtaining the immediate success from the art critics and the admiration of artists as Carrà, Sironi, and Carpi. After he decided to dedicate himself to sculpture. Some of his great works: the statue of Ugo Foscolo in the basilica of Santa Croce (1935) in Florence- “The firs flower” in Sesto Fiorentino (1936-37) - Barbara Hutton  (1938) – The Cardinal Elia Dalla Costa 1938) - Maria Jose’ di Savoia (1939) – “The Musicality” (1941) – The General Clark (1945) – The tabernacle of the Annunciation (1947) at San Piero a Sieve - S. Luisa di Marillac in the Basilica of Saint Peter in Rome (1954)

- The monument to Alcide De Gasperi at Trento (1956) – The monument to Tazio Nuvolari (1957) – The monument to the Queen Elena at Messina (1960 – The major altar of the cathedral of Reggio Calabria (1965) - The monument to Pope Pio XII in the square of San Lorenzo in Rome (1967) – The Christ in the olive trees garden- Rome, Vatican Museums (1972) - Padre Pio at San Giovanni Rotondo (1975) - Some of his many portraits: the count Volpi –Amedeo d’Aosta- -Francois Mitterand – Picasso –Pope John XXIII -

INTERESTING PLACES AND POSSIBLE VISITS NEAR THE VILLA: